I just love these spiderwebs with the bright colors added, but really, you could use any colors!
- With black icing and a #2 or #3 tip, pipe a spiderweb outline onto a round cookie. (Spectrum Super Black)
- Thin the background color, as well as 1 or 2 contrasting colors with water to the consistency of syrup. Cover with a damp towel and let sit several minutes.
- Run a rubber spatula gently through the icings to pop the bubbles that have risen to the top. Transfer to squeeze bottles.
- About 6 cookies at a time, fill in the background with the thinned flood icing. Use a toothpick to draw into the corners and edges.
- Now with the contrasting color/s, draw 3 circles onto the wet background icing.
- Starting in the middle of the circles, use a toothpick to drag the icing toward each spiderweb point.
- Let dry at least one hour.
- Using a large round tip such as a #7 or #12....whatever you have on hand, pipe a spider body.
- Change the tip to a #1 or #2, and pipe eight legs.